Finally! Summer, for me that is, has arrived! That’s right! No more work, madness and stress! I have finished school and have now have 6 weeks of sheer freedom to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
I finished school at half twelve today (we had a half day). I have only been on ‘holiday’ for a few hours… and I am feeling a little bored…
My glasses have broken (sorry about that mum) so I can’t read; the TV is being hogged by rowdy, annoying, loud but lovely twelve-year olds A.K.A my brothers friends – who are featured in the photograph above (there were more than just four though… Bite me.). SO I decided to take advantage of them being here and photograph them playing various idiotic games. It was nice having someone other than my brother to photograph, who, by the way, is a little vain when I have my camera in my hand and always has to be in every photograph i take, even if it means his hand or his finger that he snuck into the photograph, somehow…
Nothing beats a Fanta Fruit Twist on a hot summers day!
Cold and freshhh.
You don’t realise it till you look back on the photo. At a glance, you can miss the awesomeness. This is a hotel/CASTLE stair case in the Peak District. It was beautiful: truly breath-taking scenery.
In photography, the “golden hour” is the first and last hour of sunlight of the day. Photographers venture out on sunrise hikes or sunset treks to capture a magical shot, due to the quality of the light during that time of day.
Back in the day when playing in the snow with your brother was nothing but the ultimate best.
What we did:
- We would have snow ball fights and then get bored with having to make the snow balls and end up chucking pieces of snow and watch it turn to dust in the air and fall at your feet.
- We would attempt to build snow forts and get bored as we watched our snow forts become complete failures and go back to the first bullet point.
- We would observe the dog trying to eat the snow and watch her cough it out as it is too cold and watch her begin to shiver as a result of eating the snow. We than laugh at her quite meanly.
- We try to convince either one of our parents to come and play with us. Finally one of them will give up (usually dad). He would come out in full snowman gear, take a few penguin like steps in the snow and turn around complaining a moan about the cold. We stood shivering with laughter and pulling him away from the door. He was obviously stronger than us, so we couldn’t hold him back for long.
- See who could make the best snow angel. I always won that competition!
Sometimes, we need take off our sunglasses and show the world our smile.
Flowers to me, appear to make people feel better. I know that whenever my Dad comes home with flowers, it always makes my mum happily smile.
Flowers are an expression of care. You give flowers to someone to show that you have thought of them. Whether they are going through a tough time or simply just because.
Once when I was little, I was always jealous of my mum because my dad would always bring her flowers and never me. One day he came home, I ran to the door to greet him like usual, and he had flowers in his hand. He knelt on his knee he told me he loved me and gave me the flowers instead of giving them to my mum. I was really shocked and beamed a smile. I gave him a giant hug and I ran into the kitchen and shoved them into a vase and ran upstairs. An hour later my mum came upstairs to see what I have been doing for the last hour or so, because she became suspicious of my quietness. she entered my room laughing, because I had spent ages trying to find the perfect place to put them. But I couldn’t find that perfect place. So my mum just found me sitting in the middle of my bed crying. My mum, gave me a hug and held my hand leading me over to the window sill and took the flower vase out of my hand and placed the on the window sill.
She said ” Now they can see their friends in the garden.”
Flowers are like sunshine, happiness, medicine for your heart.
I challenge you to give someone a flower(s) for no reason. Just because you care about them. I bet it will make them smile.